Once I traveled to a far away place,
Where a lot of water
Had gathered together as a lake,
And out of its edges mountains grew
With towering peaks and wooded trees
There was a cabin by the edge
Of the water,
A wooden cabin where I stayed
At dawn I stood at the porch
And gazed over the water
The still water
A wisp of fog
Hung over it,
Unmoving and still
The mountain side
Was reflected on the clear water
The whole scene was caught
As if in a picture,
With me in it,
Silent and still.
Then the spirit of the waters
Smiled,
The spirit of the mountains
Bowed in benediction
And the spirit of my self
Communed with them
In silent bliss.
Along came a gust of wind
Splitting the fog,
Rippling the water
And snapping me out of my reverie
I felt cold
It was chilly
I pulled my clothes around me
Tighter, entered the cabin,
And closed the door.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
white rose was a potrait,very touching and soulful. the second one is pure, sublime poetic diction.Bhaaviyundu makane...!
Kunjumol chechi.
Ayyo!!!! The great Rosemary herself, Im flattered. Thankyou very very much.
Post a Comment