One of the most important things in life is to be in harmony. Why is being in harmony so important you may ask? Being in harmony is important because that is the only way that we can know ourselves. Knowing oneself apart from the body, mind, relationships, possessions positions and all the other multitudinous things with which we associate ascribe and subscribe to be ourself. Maybe the more important of the two ie (being in harmony and self knowledge) is self knowledge. Harmony being a means for self knowledge.
Life is a continuous flux of transactions and relations between our self and countless other things and ideas, animate, inanimate, tangible and intangible isn’t it? My relation with my body, my thoughts, people around me, events and happenings, highs and lows, successes and failures, etc, a constant exchange of information between the me, mine, you, yours, ours, theirs etc.
From a mundane level of being, doing, becoming, possessing and losing, I can also choose to stand apart and watch all these so called happenings happen to and between the me and them, between me, and that, between mine and theirs. On one hand while I am completely immersed and involved as a participant, on the other I am a participant but also an observer.
How are these transactions taking place between me and my friends? Me and my colleagues? Me and my car? Me and my PC? Me and my wife? Me and my body? Me and my mind? And a million different people and things that I associate with? Is it good or is it bad? Am I calm or Am I disturbed?
What is the purpose of these countless people and things that I transact with? Isnt the only constant in all of this “ME”? Isnt the purpose self knowledge?
In all of our transactions we cannot effect the outcome, but we can observe how we react, whether we are in harmony or otherwise. Am I in harmony with the food I eat? With the air I breathe? With my children? My parents? With the clothes I wear, the work I do, the blog I write and a million other things which happen continuously in my life. That observation can change the way we resonate with the things around us, with the vibrations moving closer in harmony. When all the notes of the orchestra of life move in perfect harmony like the strings of a thousand violins produce one note and it sounds like one instrument one player, then in that harmony the self or the “I” is revealed don’t you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment